Friday, February 15, 2013

Mango Mousse Cake



My version of  "Mango Mousse Cake". It's Mango season again! You can see mangoes everywhere. I think it's mango season, I don't know  when exact time of mango season but it's reach it cheapest price that its! But, we have mango trees at daddy's garden growing about three and four meters from my bed room. We have four mango trees at our garden. Well, it looks like we won't need to buy mangoes every years. We just have to take out the ladder and pick the mangoes off our own tree or wait the mangoes off the trees by itself. It makes me smile. Imagine, I'll be making more experiment in our kitchen like 'Mango pie, mango shakes, mango cream  pies or mango mousse cake' from our own mangoes. And the version of me harvesting herbs growing right under the shade of the mango tree makes me smile even more. How cool can that be, eh?
Juicy and sweet mangoes from our own trees.... yummm!

I made these mousse last Tuesday because I needed a little comfort food and some experiment here. I never tried any types of mousse before. ....... Funny how certain foods can make you feel good, and alternatively, there are some that can make you feel very, very bad.  Unfortunately, the latter is what I experienced last Wednesday. I suspect my lunch had some kind of strange preservative in it, because not long afterward I started seeing flashing lights. The dreaded migraine headache. They always scare the heck out of me.

I'm all better now, but the ordeal left me wanting foods with few and simple ingredients. This dessert is just that. Very simple. It reminds me of a fruit-on-the-bottom cake, only a little more dessert-like.

No comments:

Post a Comment