Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Japanese Strawberry Shortcake

 Japanese strawberry shortcake is different from the kind usually eaten in the United State in that it's more like an angel food cake with whipped cream icing and slice strawberries. Among Japanese people, strawberry shortcake are considered a classic dessert. In Sugamo, Tokyo, is a bakery where it is said that the finest shortcake in Japan are produced. The French Pound House Bakery is found in a quiet residential district, only a five minute walk from JR Sugamo train station.

Because they have received a lot of media exposure, their strawberry shortcake is still their top selling item. Even though they try to keep up with demand , they often run completely out of sponge cake.



For such a good reputation, I felt that it was necessary to find out myself but I can't! (=_=;) yes, because they using liqueur!
  
So, I tried to make my own version of Japanese strawberry shortcake without any types liqueur, orange liqueur, cherry liqueur or whatever it is. Even, I know It won't be taste as good as The French Pound House Bakery.

If you like liqueur or can drink liqueurs go ahead. Some people like to use orange liqueur such as Cointreau or Grand Mariner with strawberry shortcake as their love the combination of strawberry and slight orange taste in the background and many people use Kirsch as well, but if you not particularly a fan of it, it's a matter of taste.

I don't drink any types of alcohol drink. I just do some researched of it, for my knowledge. So, It's best to just cut off the liqueur part in my cake. So, this is my experiment of Japanese strawberry shortcake. The strawberry is just sweet and smells so good... yum!

okeyyy! I'm in some sort of strawberry madness, as you can tell by all three layers of strawberry in one cake. When you see bright red color and big sizes of strawberries in the corner of your eyes, you just gotta look, and that's very dangerous as I can hardly contain myself from staring it and end up buying it. It happens everytime, classic. Same goes to blueberry and apple too! Does it happen to you too? Please tell me that I'm not weird (>_<;)




I have confession to make. I own some cookbooks (or dessert book), not so many, but there lots of them, but I rarely or almost never followed any recipe from them. I don't know, I've always been put off in trying one of their recipes because I'm afraid that I won't like them or the recipe is just too long lengthy. Most of cookbooks that I won (all of them) are the kinds that have a very long recipes page with multiple different components, a lot of them has some bizarre ingredients that I've never heard before or the ones that cost me a fortune. So, it's better for me to do some experiment for my own recipe book.

No comments:

Post a Comment